Posted on: April 18th, 2013 by 13 Comments

CAUGHT ON CAMERA – Fertilizer Plant Explosion Near Waco, Texas #WacoExplosion   #explosion   #prayforwaco

1. mike quinn says:

How very Christian of you +Andreas Geisler

2. +mike quinn Read the passage. Really. Then think about what a hashtag about prayer really is in the perspective of that passage.
    It's a very clear passage.

3. mike quinn says:

I did read it and couldn't care less.

I don't believe in any god, even less that some some supernatural being is there to answer people's call. So those passages have no meaning to me.

But if people take comfort from that then so be it.

You're starting a fight in an empty house.

4. +mike quinn What people do in the privacy of their bedrooms is of no concern to me. None whatsoever. But using a hashtag in a way that is a perversion of the Christian faith, not to mention an easy way to pretend one is helping, is not a good thing. If you don't believe in gods, Matthew 6 also contradicts all calls for prayer in schools or other public venues, if that's something that's of interest to you.

Who said I was Christian?

And +Andreas Geisler do you think Christians have a lock on prayer? Are you telling me your religion is the only one that prays?

7. +Bily Foster going by the numbers, that hashtag is going to be used mainly by Christians. If you're not one, never mind it, but for a Christian, their immortal soul could depend on reading Matthew 6.

Well you don't own the hash tag and I'll use it as I please. You hold no dominion over me. Thank you please drive through.

9. Have a nice day 🙂

And for what it's worth, this was a huge explosion with a potentially devastating number of deaths, and if I think it's okay to ask people to pray for the people of Waco TX I will.

11. Even if it makes a mockery of their religion?

I feel sorry for people like you who can't take the message for what it was intended, to send well wishes to the people of West/Waco TX.  And instead want to turn it into something about YOU and YOUR beliefs, it's no wonder people start wars over religion.

Is your faith so shaken that you get offended that someone doesn't conform to your ideals that instead of seeing the good in the message you choose to beat on the messenger?

If  you are a 'good christian' then you shouldn't be so easily offended and instead open your heart and mind to the world around you, which BTW, and you better sit down for this, isn't a Christian world.  We live in a world with different beliefs and philosophies.