Posted on: October 8th, 2012 by 32 Comments

Okay I've got a trip to NYC coming up and I've never been

What are the best Apps that work offline that I can load up on my #nexus7  to help me get around?

1. Randy Nelson says:

NYC bus & subway maps good one I use all the time

2. Randy Nelson says:

NYC bus & subway maps good one I use all the time

3. This isn't advice but just wanted to tell you to enjoy! It's such a great city to visit.

4. This isn't advice but just wanted to tell you to enjoy! It's such a great city to visit.

Thank you Jenn we are super excited, we've never been to NY before and we're going to be there for NYCC on my Birthday!

7. Randy Nelson says:

Nice you'll love it remember to visit time square.

8. Randy Nelson says:

Nice you'll love it remember to visit time square.

Oh yes we are heading there we've got tickets to see David Letterman!

Oh yes we are heading there we've got tickets to see David Letterman!

I know I couldn't believe it.  There was only one day of taping that was available for while we are there and we got it >dance< so yeah we also picked up the New York Pass and are super stoked to have our own little "Amazing Race New York" 😉

13. Tim Bond says:

Sounds like a great trip!  I, too, have no suggestions for apps, but I do look forward to hearing how the nexus helped you enjoy your trip.  I just took mine to a conference and LOVED having it on hand in sessions.  I mostly used it to hand write notes with a stylus, but having it as a super-sized PDA for things like email and calendar were great, too.   (Of course, the bluetooth keyboard I ordered came after I left town, but I've been enjoying that today in meetings at work.)

14. Tim Bond says:

I'm really hopping we can use it as our map.  I've loaded trip advisor since it has a compass to help point us in the right direction 🙂

I know I need connection for subway stuff, so I hope my hotspot works okay out there.

I thought I had seen an app that used the camera to do some augmented reality but I can't find it 😛

17. Randy Nelson says:

+Bily Foster you can use Gmaps, its very integrated w/ nyc subway + bus systems :).
    The other app i told you about i use it now and then whenever  there's train delays and i have to see which train route i can take

18. Randy Nelson says:

Oh +Randy Nelson  is "NYC bus & subway maps" the name of the app?

Oh +Randy Nelson  is "NYC bus & subway maps" the name of the app?

21. Randy Nelson says:

The section that says Download Maps Now, install were it says Subway System and you'll have the entire Subway map available offline.

22. Randy Nelson says:

awesome thank you!

awesome thank you!

25. Randy Nelson says:

Np dude, but I highly recommend you use Gmaps if you're going to be walking around town to find restaurants,etc. 🙂

26. Randy Nelson says: