Posted on: July 28th, 2012 by 21 Comments

#nexus7 now i'm starting to think the Nexus 7 was a mistake :(  ASUS and Google…

#nexus7 now i'm starting to think the Nexus 7 was a mistake 🙁  ASUS and Google really need to get there act together.  I'm switching my recommendation from Buy to HOLD until they can get their hardware issues resolved

1. Having issues with the replacement device also?

Yup now that i have the new replacement the screen is separating, this is just insane that they dont' have better quality control. 🙁

3. I have to watch out on mine now… Hope it is not a common issue…

4. Jamil Davis says:

i haven't had this problem but it is something im hearing from a nice amount of people

The screen issue seems to be the biggest problem I've been reading about.  It's just VERY disappointing that a replacement device is worse than the one I got in the first place.

6. Jamil Davis says:

u think its because it was rushed kinda

+Jamil Davis yeah it's REALLY a bummer, I've been in love with this tablet the last week I've had it.  Just annoyed about the speaker, now I get a device that's already falling apart 🙁

8. If it happens to me again, I am going to try to the DIY fixes… I am not sure whatz so special on the left side…

+Jamil Davis maybe, regardless it's a matter of Quality Control and evidently they don't care enough to check the products and getting burned like this on hardware is really upsetting.  Software issue can be resolved down the road but hardware issues can't be fixed with a patch.

10. Jamil Davis says:

Smh, it's a awesome device the hardware just needs to be better. Well look at it this way this is Google's beta device so im sure these problem won't persist into the next generation of nexus tablets

+Vinod Krishnamoorthy as a nerd i don't mind doing that, but as a consumer, I paid $250 I shouldn't NEED to fix it.  Look my Amazon Kindle Fire isn't on par technically, but I don't have to FIX it's hardware myself.

12. Jamil Davis says:

Haha yeah i never heard of it happening on the right side

13. Jamil Davis says:

That's true hope they get this fixed asap. Seems like they brought out what seems to be a game changer, and these defects can ruin all of it momentum.

14. Jamil Davis says:

Anyone interested into the kindle fire anymore?

15. Jamil Davis says:

I know they're coming out with a bunch soon, but does anyone care to get one anymore since the nexus 7?

16. Lee Damon says:

Given the two units I'd send back the replacement. You've got a viable work-around for the speaker problem and it saves you reconfiguring effort.

yeah this a really crappy situation.  I have to send back the one they just sent me, and stick with the original one I had with the bad speaker while they work to send me a 3rd unit.  If this 3rd unit is bad too I'm just sending all of it back and swearing off android for awhile again.

Google is throwing ASUS under the bus and I don't blame them I guess.  And evidently they can load your account on the device but can't check the quality of the product before it goes out.

18. Mine arrives Monday. This makes me sad to hear. Please baby baby please have no issues.

It makes me sad too, but I'm going to work my way through it, third time's a charm right?

20. Tim Bond says:

Considering how many returns we've seen just among G+ users, it has to be a huge issue. I feel very fortunate to have one that isn't showing any defects (48 hours in)

21. Screen seems tight, speaker sound is crisp… I think I might be one of the lucky ones.