Posted on: July 22nd, 2012 by 7 Comments

Podcast Episode 9 – The Droid You've Been Looking For

Podcast Episode 9 – The Droid You've Been Looking For

1. Lee Damon says:

As long as you only get apps from a legitimate app store (e.g. play from google) you are mostly safe with the apps.  There have been a few cases of malignant apps getting through (and there will be more, it's a given) but for the most part it's reasonably safe.  You should always check the permissions the app is requesting and make sure you agree that they are reasonable for what you want/expect the app to do.

2. Tim Bond says:

Interesting about it replacing your iPod touch, because i'm thinking my nexus might do the same when it arrives. My touch got cracked months ago and has a lousy battery, but it its my pda, so it still goes everywhere with me.

I still don't have a smart phone, but will likely go with iPhone when my Tmobile contact expires in October. Of course, if Jelly Bean blows me away, perhaps I'll get a nexus phone…

I will say that IF i wasn't already invested in iOS and I were JUST getting a Smart Phone I would consider Jelly Bean/Android BUT only if it would let me teether so that the Nexus 7 can be online too.  But yeah I can see me playing games and keeping my calendar on here.  I'm using both iCloud and Google's services on my devices so I should be good there 🙂

+Tim Bond Which version did you get?  Did you get the 16gb before they stopped taking orders?

5. Tim Bond says:

The 16GB ordered on 7/13, so it should arrive this week.

NICE!  Let me know what you load up on it once you get it 😀

7. Lee Damon says:

G. Nexus can do tethering – it's built right in.  However, that doesn't stop the carrier from charging extra or blocking it.  Check your contract.  That said, I'm liking my unlocked GSM G. Nexus on T-Mo.